Milton Keynes Hospital Charity (MKHC) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
If we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, it will only be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Full name and title
• Contact information including address and post code. This can also include place of work.
• Phone numbers and email addresses
• Bank account details (if donating by debit or credit card/setting up a direct debit for regular donations)
• Date of birth
• We may collect information relating to your health (for example if you are taking part in an event or volunteering for us)
• Emergency next of kin details (if you are volunteering for us)
If you sponsor a person using an online giving platform such as Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving and you indicate that you would like to hear from us, then they may pass on your contact details to us so that we can tell you more about our Charity. You should check the Privacy Statements of sites such as Just Giving, before you give them your information.
What we do with the information we collect
We require this information for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• To thank you for your donations, volunteering, or other support
• To respond to you if you have made an enquiry
• We may use the information to keep you up to date with what is happening at Milton Keynes Hospital Charity via newsletters, but we will always let you know how you can opt out of receiving this
• We may periodically send letters or emails about fundraising events which we think may interest you using the contact details you have provided.
• We may share your name and details of your donation with Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in order to ensure your donations are used according to your wishes. This will be limited to senior members of staff only. You can let us know if you would prefer for your details to remain anonymous and we will always respect your wishes.
• We may use this information to improve our products and services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that external website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You have a right to restrict our collection or use of your personal information. When you are asked to fill in a form on our website, there will always be a box that you can tick if you do not want the information to be used for marketing purposes. You can also control the means by which we contact you, e.g. telephone, post, email. You can change your contact preferences at any time.
If you have previously given us your permission to contact you and have now changed your mind, you can let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01908 997316, or writing to Milton Keynes Hospital Charity, Standing Way, Eaglestone, Milton Keynes MK6 5LD.
If you request that we do not contact you again for marketing purposes, we will respect your wishes. It may take up to 28 days for us to update our records and for you to stop receiving communications from us. After this time, we may still send you administrative communications, for example in relation to payments you have made or events you have signed up to take part in.
- We do not have any access to your medical records.
- We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties.
- We will not share your information with a third party for their own purposes unless required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please request this in writing to the address above. If you believe that any of the information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible, so that we can correct the information.
We appreciate your support and aim to ensure that your privacy is treated with respect at all times, in compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
Your explicit informed consent will be obtained by the organisation to process your data.